Monday 8 February 2016

Spice of (Highland) Life - all the details . . .

Thank you so very much for all your kind and lovely comments about the Spice of Life blankie in my previous post  : - )
I'm glad you love it as much as I do . . .




I've had several emails and requests to share the details of the yarn & colours I used, so for those of you who are interested, here they are:


Drops Nepal - Off White (0100) 

Drops Nepal - Light Beige Mix (0206) 

Drops Nepal - Beige Mix (0300)

Drops Nepal - Light Grey Mix (0500) 

Drops Nepal - Grey Mix (0501) 

Drops Nepal - Medium Grey Mix (0517) 

Drops Nepal - Purple Mix (4434)
Drops Nepal - Navy Blue (1709) 

Drops Nepal - Aqua Blue (8908) 

Drops Nepal - Pistachio (1477) 

Drops Nepal - Deep Ocean (8905) 

Drops Nepal - Grey/Purple (4311)

Drops Nepal - Grey Green (7139)

Drops Nepal - Light Olive (8038) 

Drops Nepal - Light Grey Green (7120)


Drops Alaska - Grey Pink (40) 

Drops Alaska - Purple Mix (54)


I bought the yarn from Wool Warehouse - their service is always excellent and their yarns are very  reasonably priced too.

I used approximately 100g of each colour (2 x 50g balls) but that's not an exact science as I modified the pattern a little, and used these aran weight yarns instead of a double knit as suggested in the pattern.

The pattern can be found on the lovely Cherry Heart blog here.




Any further questions or info required ? Just go ahead & ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Happy crocheting . . .

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Gilly it is a stunner and so nice to see a different colour way! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning blankie, I missed your last post but I can see why you would get lots of lovely comments about this. Thanks so much for sharing the details of the yarn and pattern that you used, I really love the mix and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely blanket, I'm half way through mine at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love all the colours you have used here, even though its not a colour palette that I would use myself....so kind of you to share for others! Though I may have a sneak peek at the pattern, keep it in store for a rainy day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I just got caught up ...scrolling back to your catching up post, and enjoying viewing your projects. I admire your work, Gillie, and am happy that your quilt was featured, that you have been busy with walks and tea and creativity, and I especially admire your spice of highland life blanket! Thanks for posting :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, lobe all the colors. I'm a new follower, with love Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...