Sunday 20 December 2015

Christmas in the making . . .


Less than a week to go before the big day, and I'm happy to say that this year I've managed to finish my Christmas makes ahead of schedule.   Can I get a woo-hoo ?

I should confess though that I did rather curtail the List a wee bit - for once realising that with everything else going on right now, I just wasn't going to be able to make it all. 
You know that thing where you pin a whole lot of fab ideas on Pinterest, then time runs out and you think, oh well, maybe next year . . . ?




Anyways . . . meet Ed the Elf . .  he's my favourite Christmas creation.  Isn't he just the sweetest elf you ever did see?
  The (free) pattern is from lovely Julie at Heart & Sew, and he's pretty much made from my yarn stash. He's a chubby little thing (too many mince pies, methinks) and despite that mischief & mayhem seem to follow in his wake, I'll miss him when he flies north to his forever home.  But I'm sure he'll be just as well-loved and treasured there too.
 I hope he writes, or calls occasionally . . .




My other favourite make was a whole tribe of little snowmen . . .
I just loved this idea from the Tilda Christmas book and had so much fun making each of them unique in their own little way.




Most of them have been gifted to lovely friends, but these two have stayed behind to cheer up the diningroom for our Christmas dinner  : - )

 

So that's all my handmade gifts and makes ticked off, and I'm looking forward to a relaxing, crafty time now.

How's everyone else's Christmas making coming along ? Are you all done too ?

'til next time,
xoxo




18 comments:

  1. Simply adorable. Those little fellas would bring smiles to anyone's face. Glad you are all done. Now you can sit back and enjoy it all. Merry Christmas to you.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME.Do hope things are getting better for you.Happy Christmas.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the elf and the stocking hanging next to him is stunning. Glad you can sit back and enjoy the season I too am ready for the onslaught of visitors. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the New year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ed the Elf is too cute for words isn't he!! He will add a lot of cheer to your home this Christmas. The stocking is gorgeous too, and your other decorations! I love the snowmen as well, too too cute! Happy Christmas!! xx

    ReplyDelete

  5. Merry Merry Christmas love Ria ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Gilly! I am afraid my Christmas making is not even going to start this year.... I have been too busy with my duffle coat to even consider it. Your elf is delightful, as are the little snowmen. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and festive makes my friend.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little elf definitely has a twinkle in his eye and will be much loved in his new home. The snowmen are very cute too. Have a lovely Christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ed the Elf is fab! I do like his jingle bell shoes! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute little elf, love the bells on his toes. The snowmen look brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that elf! you did a great job! Merry Christmas!! :D

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ed is gorgeous, Gilly. Your snowmen are beautiful. Yours looks so much better than the one I made a couple of years ago. Have a lovely Christmas. Hugs, Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your little elf. Let's hope he doesn't get up to too much mischief! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ed the Elf is uber-cute! I love him :)The snowmen look amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All done here too but I pace myself and make all year. That elf is superb. and Who hooo is well deserved I think Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nope, I'm not quite done. I made some crocheted chains to hold big jingle bells for ornaments to give away, and love seeing your sweet snowmen and elf, Gilly. Merry Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your elf Gilly! he is lovely. A very Merry Christmas to you - it is the afternoon of Christmas Eve here so not long to go now xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...