Saturday 29 August 2015

On my travels . . . Part 2: Vancouver, Canada

How I'm loving going through all our holiday pics (did I mention there are in excess of 900 snaps? ), and smiling at all the lovely memories.  

On leaving Alaska, we flew south again from Anchorage to Vancouver in Canada where we spent a fabulous few sunny days in this beautiful city, catching up with family and friends.
My lovely cuz, Wendy had a whole lot of fun things planned for us to do and certainly was a host &  tour guide extraordinaire.  So from Grouse Mountain to Granville Island, and everything else in between, we set about exploring the delights. 





It's hard to narrow down the highlights as we just loved it all.  The view from the top of the mountain on the Sea-to-Sky gondola does rank right up there though.  As did those yummy donuts following our hike at Deep Cove  : - )  And then of course there was the time spent just chatting & laughing & sharing meals & making memories with our loved ones, who even though we're far apart, hold a special place in our hearts.
(If you're reading this:  Thank you all the Martins & the Goosies for making our time with you so special)

Of course, with all the outing-and-abouting, there wasn't much time for crafting, but stay tuned for Part 3 coming soon . . . 

'til next time,
xoxo


15 comments:

  1. Good Afternoon Gilly, You have taken some beautiful photographs and what shines through for me is the colour blue... so lovely. It must have been so much fun catching up with family and friends... and what can I say about the macaroons...... well one word......fabulous.
    I am looking forward to Part 3 of your adventure.
    Best Wishes to you.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your pictures look just AMAZING!! Looks like such a fun trip and lots of pretty things to see! :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gilly Wow!! I need to go to Alaska and vancouver!
    loving this series of posts whats next?
    d xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those macarons look scrummy! What a wonderful holiday you have had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks amazing, Gilly. Those cakes and macarons look delicious! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, Gilly, I enjoyed the sights I saw and was especially glad to be able to spend time with family members and friends on my trip. I completed a bit of stitching on my trip and while visiting a dear friend I worked in the ends of an antique crocheted bedspread her mother-in-law had made. Thanks for posting some of your beautiful photos and promising to share more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an amazing trip, wonderful times spend with family and friends. Looks amazing, looking forward to the next instalment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful highlights that you shared with us. The totem poles, the piles of stones, the macarons! All so great!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab holiday you have had! Looking forward to seeing more photos.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alaska is just amazing. Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aagh! I have stood in one of those places. Second block, last in the row on the top row. Great to see your pics.Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've had a super summer, Gilly. Great photos.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos!! I love Canada, but it's been at least 10 years since I've been there!!
    Much love and I hope you have a great weekend!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks so beautiful. I'd love to go to this part of the world some day. It sounds like an amazing holiday, you lucky thing! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...