Tuesday 7 July 2015

If the shoe fits . . .

Thanks so much, lovely peeps for all your kind & encouraging comments about our blossoming garden.  And a big welcome to my new followers too - thanks for popping in to say hello : - )

The Hubby & I spent the weekend in London and now I'm packing my bag again and heading north across Hadrian's Wall for a few days in Scotland, but before I fly off I thought I'd tell you about a fab little workshop I did the other evening . . .

My friend Heather (yes, she of gardening guru fame) & I decided we needed to add "Making Espadrilles" to our crafty endeavours, so off we toddled to Guthrie & Ghani in Moseley.

We were such busy elves that I somehow only took three little pics, but we had great fun cutting & stitching & nattering away, and by the end of the evening we'd almost managed to produce one shoe each ; - )




That's Heather's on the left and mine on the right, and a sad lack of any significant crafty time since then means that I've yet to finish my other shoe.  So they are sitting patiently on top of the WIP basket, hoping to be a complete pair soon.

It was a really fun workshop, and the espadrilles don't require much fabric at all - just two fat quarters, so I definitely see another pair on the horizon in the not too distant future.  But I really must finish this pair first.   They're just perfect for summer, don't you think ?

Wishing you a happy week,
'til next time,
xoxo


ps. if you fancy a little trip to beautiful Stratford upon Avon to make your own lovely pair of bespoke espadrilles, there's a couple of workshops coming up at Sew Me SomethingOoh, and there's 20% off in the Summer Workshop Sale too  : - )



14 comments:

  1. interested to know what are the soles made of? Bit to far for me to travel for a workshop, seeing that I am in Canada!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gill - the soles are rubber and rope and you can buy them in a kit with a full set of instructions too, I think it's Prymn who make them 😊 xx

      Delete
  2. They have a pattern to make them in Mollie Makes. I think they look huge fun & am hoping to have a dabble when I have a week off soon. I'm seeing several Liberty pairs in my mind! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Fab!, perfect for the summer!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoes look so fun! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making your own shoes sounds just fab. There was a time in my life when I more or less lived in espadrilles.... Have a lovely time in Scotland, I do very much hope the weather picks up for you (and us). We are off to just past Inverary tomorrow. Midges, here we come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making your own shoes? How cool is that! Enjoy your time up north then hurry back to sew the other one so we can see them on your feet. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive, love the fabric you both chose. Enjoy your break away in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can remember living and dying in espadrilles for a couple of summers many years ago. The only problem is if they get wet!! The stink is still etched in my memory! I love yours, it's a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look amazing! I love the fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great, Gilly. Well done! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fun! They look just right for summer. Have a wonderful time in Scotland, Gilly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How clever to make your own shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey you!!! You have beat me to it. I ordered a pair 3 days ago but I think they are gonna be a bit big so we will see. Any tips??

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...