Friday 3 July 2015

A flowery Friday . . .

Every week when Friday comes around, I have really good intentions of joining in with Amy at Love Made My Home for Five on Friday.  But then the day seems to come and go so quickly and before I know it, I've missed it again.  
 So here I am today - it's Friday, the sun is shining and our garden is blossoming with pretties . .  here's just five . . .






Isn't it just SOoooo pretty ?
I can't tell you how chuffed I am but alas, regular readers will remember that I'm not a gardener, so the fact that these beautiful flowers are alive & well & living happily in my garden is mostly due to the care and efforts of my kind gardening gurus - my lovely sis and my ever-so-patient friend Heather, who constantly roll their eyes at my lack of gardening enthusiasm,
but persevere regardless, in the hope that one day my fingers will turn green  ; - )

All I'm really entrusted with is the weeding and the watering . . . but that's a big part, right ? 

And a little while ago I told you about an outing to Hidcote to learn all about growing a cutting garden.  (Read about it here if you like)  We got to plant lots of seeds, and the abovementioned guru Heather cultivated and cared for mine in her greenhouse until it was time to plant.  And then she came over and planned and planted for me (I told you she was kind), and I'm happy to say my little cutting garden is growing well, with lots of little budlets about to blossom too.  
Happy dancing . . .

Thank you lovely sis & kind Heather, for making my garden grow.


Do pop over to Amy's linky party and see what everyone else is doing this Friday - happy weekend, lovelies . . . blossom where you're planted  : - )

'til next time,
xoxo


23 comments:

  1. Hi Gilly. hope your Friday going well. your flowers look wonderful. Such kind people helping you.I have grown some flowers from seeds but still need to find time to plant them out....
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful flowers in your garden! I would never have known you were not blessed with the green fingers! Enjoy your weekend, may the sun shine and your garden bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one says that you have to be the gardener to enjoy all those lovely flowers. Somebody (and I am guessing it must be your kind helpers) has a green thumb. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have done well, the flowers are really looking beautiful and certainly healthy. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers and plants look wonderful, Gilly - how kind of people to help you tend them. I must admit that I would rather visit other gardens than work in ours but I do cut grass and pull out weeds and some seeds I set early this year are now flowering which is a great encouragement to carry on:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have kind friends and the garden is looking mighty fine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden helpers are wonderful indeed! I love seeing your fave five...a wonderful bouquet of photos, Gilly. I need to take some photos of the front gardens my adult children have been helping me with this year. The things I have planted in the past have not thrived, but our efforts so far this year are promising :) Happy Weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden does look so lovely. I have two balconies filled with potted plants. It's so hard to keep them alive with lots of dust and temperatures of 120+ in the summer, but I keep trying. I've never started anything from seed but think I will have a go at it come Fall. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Gilly
    "how does your garden grow? 'with cockle shells and silver bells and pretty maids all in a row" you must have secret green fingers!
    best d xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are beautiful! I think you have a pretty green thumb for sure! How nice that you were able to attend the gardening class.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful flowers!! I just love walking outside to enjoy their prettiness, don't you!? :) Happy weekend to you!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any chance you can remember the name of your fabulous pink rose? I love the slightly pointed petals and the colour is fabulous. A cutting area in the garden is such a good idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful garden indeed and yes I think weeding and watering count as a big part lol. Any chance your green fingered friend and sis would like to tackle my little weed patch otherwise affectionately known round here as the garden lol? All I seem to manage to get to thrive here is weeds 'sigh'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful flowers, really worth the effort of putting them in, especially if someone else does it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your garden is looking lovely, the flowers are beautiful, it's good that you have some help my poor garden is full of weeds and I have decided that they look pretty too and can stay right where they are. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look like a gardener to me! Such pretty blooms and so much lush green! My cosmos are in the same state of growth as yours. I thin we can hope for some pretty flowers in the next few days!! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your blog by the way. I'm your newest Bloglovin' follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi - I'm your newest follower and have enjoyed reading your blog. Your garden looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kudos to you and Heather ; so sorry I missed the riot of colour !

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think your garden looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's looking considerably (ie a LOT) more fruitful than my garden which currently resembles a weedy desert. My fingers are not green either (plus I'm too lazy!)
    Very pretty Gilly, and what a kind friend:)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your garden is beautiful Gilly! A cutting garden has always been a wish for mine, alas I am not very good with flowers, but I can grow veggies!
    Watering and weeding is a mainstay of gardening so well done! I think you do have a green thumb after all :-)
    I hope you've had a lovely weekend (although I suppose it's still Sunday day for you, not evening!)
    Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. The garden looks lovely, Gilly. Even lovelier that it's a group effort :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...