Sunday 7 June 2015

Day or Night ?

Oops, it's been a little while . . .
We've got my lovely SIL visiting for a few weeks, so between the usual weekly routine things and running around doing all sorts of fun touristy stuff, there hasn't been much time for blogging, or much crafting either, for that matter.  So please do forgive the sporadic posts that will ensue over the next couple of weeks, and I'll pop in whenever I can.   

But I do have a little sewing project to share today . . .




I first came across this lovely pattern on Love, Lucie's blog - it's the Day-to-Night Drape Top from Maria Denmark.   Lucie has a whole array of them, and I love this simple yet pretty style, so I just had to get the pattern and give it a go.  It's a download & print pattern which I normally tend to shy away from as to be honest, I find the whole process of printing and matching and taping together, a little tedious mostly - but as this pattern only has two pieces, it's a doddle to do.




It's a really easy-peasy top to make, and a perfect addition to my summer wardrobe.  It really does what it says on the tin, and will do for daytime casual or nighttime elegance, depending on your fabric choice & accessories.  And best of all, it took less than a meter of fabric - so it's an inexpensive make too.




So, thanks Lucie - I'm sure I'll be making lots more of these too  : - )

And if you haven't yet discovered  Lucie's lovely blog , do pop over to say hello and have a little peek at all her lovely makes. 

Hope it's been a lovely weekend wherever you are,
'til next time,
take care of you
xoxo


ps. whilst I'm slacking a bit on the blog side of things, I am at least Instagramming, so if you'd like to follow along please do.  You'll find me @ gilly_makes - or click on the link in the right hand column of this page.






14 comments:

  1. Gilly Dahling i love it, so chic in stripes you will be! Enjoy your time with your sil...
    D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric choice! I might have to make another in stripes! Thanks for the link. Isn't it great when you come across such a simple lovely pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely top Gilly. At least you're not as sporadic as my blogging at the moment. Haven't posted for over a month. I'd better get myself sorted out and back into the swing again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great top!!! I hope that you keep enjoying your SIL's visit and being a tour guide! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this top you made Gilly! Great job and it will be perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to have visitors, enjoy your time together. The top looks beautiful, great for any occasion can be dressed up or down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have spied that top too. I met Lucie at the Minerva meet up last year as a fellow blogger on the network. In fact I hitched up with her and she gave me a lift to the venue and back to the station the next day. Lovely lady - teeny weeny too! I lvoe your top, what a corker. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your new top you made! It looks so comfy, very cute, and summery! Have fun spending time with your SIL! :) Happy new week!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great Gilly - I will have to check out Lucie's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That really is a lovely and very useful top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you're having a great start to the summer, Gilly.
    What a lovely top!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooooo, love the top. If I just had more time....in the summer I tend to cram things full to make up for work during the school year. As for instagram, I tend to do that a bit more now myself....hmmmm
    have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love this top! It's gorgeous...love the elegant stripes.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...