Monday 18 May 2015

Moon walking . . .


We did it . . .

The Moon Walk 2015

15.1 miles  (25km)  through the streets of London town . . . overnight . . . in our bras . . . to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer.

A huge thank you to everyone who encouraged us, sponsored us and spurred us on. 
 Together with my lovely sis, we've raised nearly a whopping £900.  Our weather prayers were answered too - no rain, a light breeze and a mild overnight low of 8C.  
 Last year (read all about that here) was freezing, windy and drizzly so I  was all geared up this time around, but only needed my hoodie & scarf to ward off the early morning chill. 
 And we beat our 5 hour goal too, crossing the finish line at 3 . 24 am in a time of 4 hours & 49 mins.  

 To those whose lives have been turned upside down by cancer, a long walk, some achy muscles  and one sleepless night is no match for what they endure.  Thank you again, lovely peeps, for your generosity and kind encouragement in helping me to contribute my little bit towards fighting this horrible disease. 

'til next time,
be blessed and be of good courage
xoxo







13 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful thing that you and your sister did.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on raising so much and of course walking the 25 km in such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations you both deserve a huge pat on the back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you and your sis, I am in awe, if I had a hat on I would take it off for you!
    bestest A xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Gill! What a wonderful thing to do. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely brilliant. Well done to you and your sister xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Gilly! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Gilly fantastic amount of money raised and dare I say it - nice bra! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gilly, did you walk to honour someone in particular? You sound so compassionate, like you understand what it's like to go through treatment. Thank you for doing the walk. How wonderful that you offer your support to people in need.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done and looking gorgeous too. You should belly dance lady! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many congrats!
    If I had less abundance of flesh round the middle - and smaller boobs lol and the confidence I had in my younger years - I would do the walk too!
    So I donate instead - and seriously admire those of that take part!!
    Well done : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...