Friday 22 May 2015

Meet Cordelia . . .

Hello, and happy Friday to you . . .

It seems to me like the year is speeding by and I'm constantly playing catch-up as one busy week rolls into the next.   But I'm trying to steadily work my way through my WIP list and being very good about not starting anything new . . . at least until the current list is reduced to an acceptable (for me) level.

So first up for "show & tell" this week:  meet Cordelia.   
Actually, its proper name is The Cordelia Dress and it's the latest lovely pattern from Sew Me Something - however, despite having now made three,  none of them are in fact a dress  ; - )


guard dog . . .


  I do so love dresses, but have a fair abundance of them in my wardrobe already and what I really need for the upcoming Summer, is tops so I made these three at tunic length.  The pattern is quite versatile so really you can adjust the length to suit you . . . from tunic to maxi and everything in between - the choice is yours.




I made the two sleeveless tops a little while ago (regular readers may remember a few sneak peeks) , but just finished the other one this week.  The pattern includes three different sleeve options (the other being a longer sleeved version - perfect for the cooler seasons), all of which are very simple to do. 
 I love the clever twist at the front, and I must just point out that they look lovelier on person than on the hanger, but I'm home alone and decidedly rubbish at selfies, so hang they must.




lazy dog . . .

It's a long weekend here, so I'm hoping to get some more projects ticked off my List  - what are your weekend plans ?  Anything exciting ?


'til next time,
be happy
xoxo


ps.  And a big welcome to my new followers too - thanks for popping by, it's lovely to see you. 


16 comments:

  1. I remember seeing the one in the shop. You have a great selection there. I love the way you get one pattern absolutely right. I am flipping all over the place! That's me I suppose...Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to be a great pattern. I intend to indulge myself and have a break, do what I want when I want to do it. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a lovely pattern. My sewing machine is still away at the "spa" was hoping it would have come home today.....but I guess not. We had a Bank Holiday weekend last weekend here in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!!! They all look so great and are I am sure even better actually on you!!! Hope that you have a great weekend working on your WIP reduction!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look fab, Gilly. I love the elephant fabric! :o)

    Have a great sewing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these aare fantastic. I l8ve the blue one. It has to be my favourite.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tunic tops are really lovely, Gilly!....I agree the year is just flying by and I'm hoping to catch up on some projects too this weekend....hope you manage to tick some off your list ;-)
    Happy Weekend!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely selection & fabrics! It looks like a useful pattern x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love the elephant one :) looks like a great pattern, have a wonderful weekend.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're really lovely, just the job for summer. I'm truly hoping that we do get a summer this year though actually it's been a lovely day here today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual they are just wonderful. I love the pattern and wish shipping to the US was a lot cheaper than it is. I would buy it and the Kate dress pattern in a heartbeat.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tunic tops are lovely and the fabrics simply gorgeous. Are they made with a stretch fabric? I'm assuming so because of the twist in the front. Enjoy the wearing of them you clever lady. :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tunics are just fab Gilly. I wonder if I finally need to learn sewing knit fabrics?? I have no overlocker but have read tutorials on how to sew knit fabric with a normal machine. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you are clever! These are so pretty and the fabrics are great. It is going to be a good summer :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Gilly! I love the tops you made! So pretty & talented you are! Have a wonderful week!
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. terrific tops...but you model them for us. One day, I hope to start sewing again. I just don't seem to ever have enough time......

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...