Wednesday 6 May 2015

Caution: Work(s) in Progress

Every creative person I know,  has a constant myriad of works in progress.  Some more than others and some who very diligently finish one or two before they start another.  
Oh how I wish to be the latter.  But alas, it appears I am not.

And so it is, that today I find myself in my little craft room feeling just a wee tad daunted (overwhelmed, perhaps . . . but that seems too dramatic a word to use in this circumstance) by all the projects I currently have on the go . . .


Firstly there's the Maria Denmark "Day-to-Night Drape Top" that I've cut out and started sewing, and the new "Cordelia Dress" from Sew Me Something that has been cut out, but not even had it's markings marked or pins removed yet  . . .






. . . and another knit top that has as yet only made it to the "take the fabric out of the wardrobe and place the pattern on top of it" stage.




Next in line is the quilt that I made for the two most-adorable-pups-in-the-world.  Their old one is, after 5 years of faithful service, looking decidedly bedraggled so it's time for a new one.  All I have to do is the binding.  It really won't take long . . .  once I actually get around to it.




So whilst we're talking quilts . . .  I should mention the new one I'm making for the guest room, which I started several months ago and have made very little progress on since.  Guests have come and gone, and been none the wiser - but I really would like to get stuck in and get it finished soon.




Oh, and I'm also in the process of making a quilt for a little girl that we hope will be joining our clan sometime soon.  But no pics of that, just in case her mama-to-be is reading this - I don't want to spoil the surprise.


Then there's the little old chair that a friend gifted to me, that has been all painted and spruced up, and waiting patiently for its new seat cover.  Another project that really won't take long at all - I've just got to find the time to do it.




Perhaps most urgent is the the making of my costume for the London Moon Walk  that I'm doing at the end of next week.  My lovely sis & I will be walking around London, through the night, in our bras to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer charities.  The theme for this year is "Saturday Night at the Movies" - can you guess who I'm going as ?  Not terribly original, but a simple outfit to make.  We're on track with our training, but I really need to get that mousey outfit made ASAP.




And as if I don't already have enough on the go, the Postie delivered this today . . .




Inspired by the lovelies, Jo & Daisy, I really want to give this a try too.  It looks fun, don't you think ?

So, there you have it . . . my extensive but by no means complete list of WIPs - let's not even get started on the knitty & crochet projects that are currently on the go or waiting patiently in line  ; - )

Right, so what I really need now is a team of little elves to take over all the housework and errands and general daily activities & duties, so that I can retreat to my little craft space and create to my heart's content.
Sigh . . .
   if only . . . 


'til next time,
xoxo

ps. if anyone would like to sponsor me for the MoonWalk, here's the link to our fundraising page.  Every little penny counts and would be most appreciated.

pps.  it's a miserable dull day today, so please forgive the equally miserable quality of the pics.  My little craft space is also the darkest room in the house.

20 comments:

  1. Love the elves idea. If you figure out how to summon them, please let me know! Love all your projects! Didn't you do the "parade around in your underwear" thing last year? Be sure to take photos so that we can tell you how cute you are! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, thanks Bev - and if I figure it out, I'll patent it ! You have a good memory, yes I did the Moon Walk last year too - and it was freezing, so hoping and praying for better weather this year. Hugs to you & Lola too, xx

      Delete
  2. Oh Gilly, so much to do so little time. I reckon cut things should take priority don't you? Get that binding on and spread it out for us all to see! Enjoy the moonwalk and good luck. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some wonderful projects on the go, love the quilt for the pooches a real delight. Good luck with the walk and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made several pairs from the Flo Jo kit - really easy to use - !'m sure the two most adorable pups will be wearing matching pairs soon ;) Very excited to see your Cordelia! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 'Make your own knickers' kit - must have a look at those. Isn't it annoying how homes, work and family get in the way of sitting and stitching all day? Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so many WIP's, I would get them muddled up.... I am going to check out the Cordelia dress just now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a few pennies coming your way for such a good cause. Well done for doing something fir such a great cause xxx Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thing is, Gilly, with all those lovely projects lined up, you need never fear being bored! Good for you,volunteering to help a good cause, too. Wishing you happy, healthy, productive days xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly have a lot of projects on the go. I'm slowly trying to tackle my pile and reduce it so I only have maybe 3 or 4 at once.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I thought I had lot of projects on the go! Enjoy all your makes - and hope the Moon walk goes ok - looking forward to seeing photos xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this humour , yep I too have solo many wip's on the go.elves sound just the ticket! Good luck with your moon walk xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this humour , yep I too have solo many wip's on the go.elves sound just the ticket! Good luck with your moon walk xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gilly, love your blog and I also have loads of WIPs on the go, so glad to know it's not just me! I've just tried to donate to your Just Giving page today (Thursday 7th May) and it doesn't appear to be working properly? So thought I'd best mention it.
    Ellen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your Moon Walk Gilly, hope the weather is warmer this year! Love the look of all your WIPs but can't wait to see your quilt finished, that fabric is beautiful.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, don't be daunted, your list isn't even in double figures yet, wait til you hit triple figures before panicking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your projects look fantastic, I can't wait to see each of them finished. You can do it!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a lot of lovely things on the way! I think the total of my unfinished trumps up yours, if it helps :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is quite a lot of WIPs, but they all look very achievable. Some of them would only take a few hours, but you've got to first find the time, and second be in the mood to do that particular project. But I would enjoy the process however long it takes, you've got some lovely projects in that lot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have an awful lot of WIPs that I really ought to crack on with and now you've just reminded me that I also have a knicker making set; bought for me ooh, a couple of years ago at least by a lovely friend... I think I shall have to make a list of everything I need to get done. That isn't really procrastinating is it?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...