Friday 15 May 2015

A suitably silky day out . . .

Earlier this week the lovely Sew Me Something gals & I, had a little outing to Beckford Silk, just a hop & a skip over the county border in pretty Gloucestershire.  A few of us have previously dabbled in the art of screen-printing and silk painting, but never actually sewn with silk so it was labelled a "team training day" and off we went.





The factory is tucked away in a beautiful countryside setting, and after a quick coffee we were given the guided tour.  The whole process was quite fascinating and most interesting, leaving me particularly in awe of the grand scale on which the hand-printing is done.




There's also a little museum area, and a shop filled to the brim with yummy silks and velvets.  Needless to say, there was much fondling of fabrics . . .




This long-established company, tucked away in the Cotswolds boasts an impressive list of well-known clientele.  If you have the opportunity to visit one of these places, take a closer look at their silk products - chances are it hails from Beckford  : - )




Right, now I just need a "How to Sew with Silk" lesson.
   I'm adding that to my To Do list . . .


Happy weekend lovely peeps,
'til next time
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day out. I am always a little fearful of silk, particularly on how to wash it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks like a lot of fun... I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks very interesting, I do love silk but will stick with the yarn variety I think!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my it looks like a fascinating day.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of fabric yumminess there!!! Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such a fun day Gilly! I can imagine a lot of time would have been spent patting the silks and velvets!
    Hope you're having a good week,
    Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...