Tuesday 10 March 2015

I've been . . .

. . . A little under the weather :  

knocked sideways for a couple of weeks by the lurgy that seems to be going around at the moment, so really wasn't feeling up to much.  As a result, I most annoyingly indeed,  missed out on the little sojourn in London at the Knitting & Stitching Show. 
 Isn't that just so infuriating when plans you've made go awry all because of a horrible little germ-bug?
And look who popped in at the Sew Me Something stand to say hello to Jules & Claire,


  none other than some of our favourite contestants from this year's The Great British Sewing Bee.
Can't wait for the final this Thursday evening - so who would you like to win ?

. . . Doing a spot of knitting :

Loving being a part of the current Tangled Yarn KAL, knitting the Orza by Maison de Rililie.  It's such a lovely, friendly and encouraging bunch of knitty peeps that I'm knitting along with, but oh-my-word this pattern requires lots of concentration.  Something I couldn't muster much of whilst feeling poorly, but I'm hopeful of catching up a bit soon.  The pattern is just sooo clever, and an amazing design so I can't wait to see the end result.



. . . Hooking a bit of crochet :

Almost finished the Pick 'n Mix cushion cover - just the rest of the border and a pretty edging to do still.  



. . . And enjoying some Saturday sewing:

I started to feel a little brighter at the weekend (thank you lovely meds)  and  couldn't wait to get stuck into trying out the latest almost-hot-off-the-press Sew Me Something pattern that Jules has designed.
I can't show you the end result or tell you much about it yet, except to say that I  L.O.V.E  it , it's called Cordelia, and it will be launching sometime this Spring.  Woohoo... watch this space . . .


It's such a clever little pattern and I think it may just become
 my pattern du saison for S/S '15
 (sorry Kate)
 ;-)


Hope all's well in your little corner of the world, I'll try and catch up with you soon.

'til next time,
xoxo


15 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your pick 'n mix cushion! I'd love to make one.
    Still a little star struck after meeting those lovely GBSB contestants. I hope one of the boys win. Neil is so talented and Matt is such a nice guy. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your feeling much better. I can't pick a favourite for the GBSB this year. I always curse the person I want to win, they always lose, same with bake off. You have some lovely makes there. Your fabric for your new make looks perfect for spring.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame to miss the show, hope you are feeling better soon. There are so many bugs going around at the moment, it seems everyone has some sort of virus or other. Some wonderful projects on the go love the fabric for the new season make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better really soon, Gilly. What a shame that you missed the show - and the GBSB sewers! I'm hoping for Neil to win. I hope I haven't jinxed it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that you haven't been well and that you had to miss the show. I really do hope that you are much better very soon. Take care of yourself and enjoy your sewing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that cushion so cute and the colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh poop - rotten lurgy! I bet you were kicking yourself about missing the show but more important to get yourself well. How you are tricking us with the Cordelia - hmm - what can it be? I like the material and see it as maybe a shift dress type thing??? Looking forward to finding out. And if you'd asked me about the GBSB a couple of weeks ago I would have said no contest - definitely Lorna - a week later I would have said Neil - but now I'm thinking Matt could be in with a chance. We'll soon find out though - it's been my highlight of the week! I've ordered a subscription to Sew magazine that comes with the GBSB book and two metres of material but I don't get it until - wait for it - May! Maddening I say. Anyhow - glad you're feeling better and looking forward to seeing your makes x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am relieved that you are feeling better. I probably should have seen the Doc when my virus started back in September. I was under the weather for nearly 4 months with something or other. I am back to normal now {at least, as normal as I could ever be;0)}
    My friend and I had a wonderful day at the Knitting & Stitching Show. Spent a fortune, it would be rude not to.
    The material is fab, I can't wait to see what you are making.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you have not been well but hopefully you are over the worst now - wow what a lot you have going on. I can't wait for the new SMS pattern it must be great if it is better than the Kate dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy you sure are getting a lot done even with not feeling well. Sorry you missed that great show.
    Take good care of yourself,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pick and mix cushion is gorgeous! I have been enjoying the sewing bee too, will be so disappointed when it's over!
    Best wishes
    Alison
    farmhousetraditions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. aaaaargh - this is my third attempt at a comment!
    Sorry you were poorly and missed meeting the Sewing Bee contestants. I love the fabric and I'm looking forward to seeing the ta-da

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gilly,you have been missed.So sorry you have been so poorly which meant you missing out on the knit n stitch show.Love your crochet sooo pretty,beautiful colour combo.Can't wait to see what you do with that lush fabric.Take care.Hugs and a BIG cuddle for those gorgeous pups.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear Gilly, I do hope that you are feeling 100% better now! Can't wait to see your cushion cover - it looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you're feeling better Gilly! Can't wait to see the Pick 'n Mix cushion done, it looks beautiful.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...