Sunday 29 March 2015

Crafternoon tales . . .

Hello lovely peeps, I hope you're having a happy Sunday ?  The clocks sprung forward this morning and we're officially into British Summer Time . . . well really?  Someone ought to inform the weather.  It's windy & rainy & besides being fairly mild, not at all summery.
But I'm not really complaining, because it's the perfect excuse to stay in and catch up . . .

So regular readers will know just how much I  L.O.V.E  crafternoons.  A good natter,  some yummy snacks or a delicious lunch (or both), and time spent with lovely friends . . . whiling away an afternoon and enjoying some creative time together.  We all seem to have such busy lives, but when my friend Sarah invited us to her lovely home for just such a day, it went straight into the diary and I set about making her a little gift to say  "thank you for a fabulous day"  (because I just knew it was going to be.  It always is.)

 

This is one of my favourite Dr Seuss stories, and as Sarah & her lovely hubby are about to acquire a delightful little vintage caravan, and set off on some summer adventuring, it seemed somehow appropriate.

And I think she likes it  :-)



True to form, we chatted, we knitted, we crocheted, we ate, we drank, we chatted some more and basically we just set the world to rights, as only girlfriends can.

it wasn't all just talk, look how much we got done too . . .

Even the two sweet pooches wanted in on the action - snuggling up on the sofa behind their mama.



And as if one lovely crafternoon wasn't enough... I had another.

This time I went a-quiltin' with Jayne.  She has been making the most fabulous quilt for her youngest daughter who is off to University this September.  Said daughter loves to travel and collects t-shirts wherever she goes.  So her clever Mama squirreled them all away and produced this beautiful work of art.


How fab-u-lous is that ?  It's truly made with love.


Right, the sun has just come out so perhaps I'll gather at least one of my adorable pups and head out for a little walk before it disappears again.  Or maybe I'll just curl up on the sofa with my knitting . . . hmmmm . . .  what d'ya think?


'til next time,
xoxo

 


 


18 comments:

  1. just perfect, I would love and afternoon to two doing just that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my first crafternoon yesterday they really are such fun aren't they? I love the present you made; its gorgeous

    What a stunning quilt as well; I made a similar one for my son, but that knocks mine in to a cocked hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like catching up with friends and crafting. Beautiful gift and a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the best of fun to craft with friends; I agree, Gilly! This week my friend Pat and I sat side by side trying to crochet snowflakes. [ I'm ready for the final step on mine and Pat who makes amazing doilies finished hers :-) ] I love the gift you made for Sarah, and Jayne's quilt inspires me to think again about a stack of T-shirts I saved for such a project, but was considering discarding recently. I think you enjoyed a walk and then some knitting time, but either way I hope you enjoyed your new daylight hour :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quilt and the little picture you made for your friend.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had lots of fun, Gilly. And, naturally, the doggies are gorgeous. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well aren't you the social butterfly! :) Love the cute little stitchery. It will certainly add a touch of whimsy to your friend's cute caravan. Oh I think a walk with your two 'babies' and then a li'l knitting. Now that is a lovely quilt filled with many a wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the caravan hoop you made, Gilly. That tee shirt quilt is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lot of gorgeousness. The crafternoon looks like lovely fun and that gift is just perfect. I love that quilt too as it is such a lovely melange of memories.

    I do hope your decision was curl up on the sofa with your knitting and a warm pup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of crafting there Gilly, I think that quit is amazing, just my kind of recycling project. She will LOVE it. JO x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of crafting there Gilly, I think that quit is amazing, just my kind of recycling project. She will LOVE it. JO x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful times!! How great is that quilt, so many memories and good times to snuggle under!! The embroidery you made for your friend is wonderful too!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing better than good company,a cuppa and a cake or three,then some crafting all snuggled up,LOVE IT.Great pics,adore those gorgeous pooches too.Oh yes your gift to your friend is soooo clever,is that what they call free stitiching with a special foot to do around the applique,I think that's what I mean lol.Oh that quilt is just Awesome,what a clever lady she is.Hugs and a Big Cuddle for those fur babies.xx ps: thick ocean mist and rain here.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to see all you SMS ladies altogether having a crafternoon. Looks like you had a great time and I am sure you had loads to chat about while enjoying tea and cake! Love the present for Sarah you are so clever
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That quilt looks really great and such a lovely idea. Your crafting afternoons seem like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crafternoon, now there is a word, sign me up! I could use the fun. And some of Dr. Seuss' special kind of cheer.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lucky to have 'Crafternoons' - I crave them but work just gets in the way so often! Still, a long Easter weekend beckons 😃 - what a fabulous quilt Jayne has made for her daughter
    Julia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...