Sunday 22 February 2015

We wove willow . . .

So, a week or so ago - just before our house filled up with weekending friends and things got really busy,  I spent a fun day doing a willow weaving workshop with my lovely Book Club gals.
Mostly our book club is about the book . . . and the natter . . . and the cake, but every now and then we like to do other things too.  Like dinner and the theatre, or the ballet, or in this case - learn to make some fab willow garden decs.
Enter my oh-so-creative-and-talented friend, Rachel.

Amongst other things, Rachel is a whizz with willow, so we booked her for the day and she arrived with absolutely everything in hand and set about teaching us the wonderful art of weaving willow.

First up was tea & cake (of course)  and then after some instruction and demonstration, we wove and carefully bent and giggled (oh, and I may or may not have stamped my feet a little when one of my petals just wouldn't stay put . . .) and chatted, and wove some more before stepping back and admiring our fun flowers . . .

Don't we look chuffed ? That's me & mine at the back, 2nd from left . . .

A yummy lunch followed before it was time to get stuck into our next project . . .




 . . . an obelisk ,  teepee ,  thingy-that-you-grow-climbing-flowers-up , call it what you may . . .


So once more we spread ourselves out on the kitchen floor and as lovely Rachel talked us through it we chatted away, revelling in the delight that comes from being creative on a Friday afternoon  : - )

 All too soon, it was time to pack up with even Sarah's adorable pup, Tiger "helping" . . . 




I have to admit I haven't had a chance to put my willow works of art into the garden yet,  but Heather is much more efficient and sent me a pic of hers in situ in her lovely garden.



'Twas truly a fabulous day - good friends, good food, great fun . . .


Have a happy new week, lovelies
'til next time,
xoxo

18 comments:

  1. Looks like great fun, always fancied having a go at willow weaving :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic!! Sounds and looks like a really great day of lots of fun indeed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a grand time, Gilly! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. indeed that does sound and look like fun and not overly complicated. I would love a go at that.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that looks like so much fun and I love the end products too. What a lovely way to spend time.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks huge fun, what a great way to spend your day learning something new x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a basket when I was 40 and I really enjoyed it. Send me the details for the meet up, I would love to see you again, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous day - good compnay, learning a new skill ...... and delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun group! Your willow workshop looks like a lot of fun too! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good day was had all round learning a new craft with good friends. The tea and cake sounded good and then there was the lunch! What more can a girl ask for.... P x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like such a nice day together. I really like those sculptures, yours looks pretty in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous creations! I did two willow weaving workshops a few years ago now and thoroughly enjoyed them both... so much that I now have a large bundle of willow in my garage waiting for me to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a lot of fun!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those look so cute and like a fun day of makings!! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what creative gals you are, they all look fabulous. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok. Now I am hugely jealous. That looks such good fun. I really fancy making the obelisk Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks amazing and like it was great fun - another thing to add to my have a go list

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...