Friday 6 February 2015

Let's get together . . .

 Anyone fancy a little get-together ?  

Something to look forward to in the Spring ?


In this wonderful crafty blogland of ours, we get to chat about and share little snippets of each other's lives, loves & pretty makes - cultivating and growing some lovely friendships along the way. 
 And don't you sometimes read a fellow blogger's post and think how much fun it would be to just meet up, have a natter, a cuppa (and cake, of course . . .) and craft the afternoon away, because you just know you'd enjoy it ?  

Well, I've had the privilege of doing just that - and it was oh-so-much fun.


The lovely Jane who blogs over at Plain Jane, organized our last bloggy meet-up, and over a BYO picnic lunch at beautiful Shugborough (which you can read about HERE  if you like), it was decided that the historic town of Stratford-upon-Avon should be the ideal venue for our next get-together.  
  Here on this Great British island of ours, it's pretty easy to get around and no place is really that far from any other - and Stratford is pretty much in the middle.  Easy to get to by road or rail (the train station is literally a 5 minute walk from the town centre)


And if you're coming from a little further afield, bring a friend or your loved ones and make a weekend of it.  There's lots to do in Stratford and if you'd like some ideas on what to do and where to stay, I'm happy to oblige - or pop over here to the Visit Stratford website.


So consider this your invitation . . .

Nothing fancy, just a fun, informal get-together of crafty bloggy peeps on

Saturday, 11th April 2015
in Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire 
- right in the middle of this green & pleasant land.


If you'd like to come along, or you think you'd love to join us but would like more details about where / what / when / trains, planes & automobiles, 
then please leave me a comment on this post or drop me an email:  gillymakes(at)gmail(dot)com

Once we know you're interested, I'll let you know the finer details like time & place, etc etc.

And if you're still not sure, have a little read about our previous bloggy get-togethers here and here

We would so love you to join us for a fun crafternoon tea . . .

Ooh, and seeing as we're right there, we'll definitely arrange a little visit here too:


 

Looking forward to getting together . . .

Happy weekending,
'til next time
xoxo





31 comments:

  1. Oooooo Gilly! This looks like such fun. I'm going to chat to hubby and see if we can make it happen. I wish I had known about your trip to Shugborough - love that place and it's not too far. Stratford-Upon-Avon sounds wonderful and it's on our 'Places to Visit' list. I shall get back to you if it all works out - fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful, but unfortunately I will be in Holland on that date, maybe another time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds so much fun....
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I would love to but I suspect that it is just too far. I'll look into it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an exciting prospect & lots of fun. I'd love to do it but it might be too early in the year. I shall certainly check though x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like lots of fun, and I know you'll get a great response from everyone! Too far for me, but someday I'll come overseas and visit you all one by one ;) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boo boo! At least 5 hours by train or car each way. Definitely can't do it in a day! Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a bit far for me, Gilly, but I hope you get lots of takers. It would be a fabulous day, I'm sure! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blog meets are so much fun aren't they, I'm sure you will all have a lot of fun. I'm hoping to organise an Essex one as soon as I come out of hibernation xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I wish I could come and join you. How much fun would that be! It's just a bit too far for me plus I'll be in Sydney for my brother's 50th birthday! Who knows, maybe one day we'll get to meet Gilly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely way to get together and meet blog friends. It sounds like it will be so much fun. Wish I didn't live so far away! Have a wonderful weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogger gatherings are fun, and I hope you have a wonderful gathering at yours, Gilly. I just enjoyed seeing your poncho and love the color and shape of it. You should feel chuffed : ) I also want to thank you for the post you did on how not to be a no-reply blogger. I have spent hours researching the topic. Unfortunately my computer screens do not match up with the ones you so kindly and cleverly posted. Waaaaaa... I am blogging from a MacBook Pro laptop and have Google + . Your post offered a light at the end of the tunnel and I so appreciated the time you took to try to help fellow bloggers and am encouraged even if I still have not resolved my issue yet. If you have any further ideas for my situation my email is graciesaylor@aol.com. I hope you enjoyed your unexpected crafting day you mentioned several posts ago! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have come but I'll be at a 2 day workshop. Stratford will be perfect. I will enjoy seeing your photos and post after the event.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds brilliant - unfortunately I can't make it as going on holiday on 11th for a week. Have a great time xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful idea wish I could join you all but I will also be on a 2 day course. I hope that everyone who does go has a fabulous time and hopefully the rest of us can read all about it. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like oodles of fun...but 'tis just a wee bit far for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh, gutted I won't be able to make it :( it's right in the middle of a very busy time at work. I lived in Stratford back in 83 for a year and have such happy memoires of the place it would have be grand to visit again. hope you all have fun! Rae x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks so lovely and such fun!! Enjoy and have a happy weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like great fun. Count me in please. Might even manage to wangle a whole weekend if I'm lucky. X

    ReplyDelete
  20. What lovely and inviting photos, wish I leaved anywhere near.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love Stratford a Beautiful place to visit.Can't make it this time but I do hope you all have a lovely time.xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am hoping to wangle to come - for the day at least! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha see you there darling Gilly!
    daisy j xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. All I can say is, I'll try!!! Things are planned for April though :( I shall let you know when I know for sure! Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd love to go but it would be too far. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks and sounds like such a lovely time!! Enjoy!! Have a wonderful week! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm going to see if I can tag along. What a lovely idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Keep me posted Gilly, I haven't checked the dates yet but I will have a look. Oooh! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  29. OOh I would just love to come to this! Unfortunately I now live in Cornwall so it may not be possible, but used to visit Stratford often when I lived in Worcester. Such a beautiful place-indeed the centre of England's green and pleasant land!
    Best wishes
    Alison xx
    farmhousetraditionsblogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. It sounds like a very lovely event. Have fun.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oooooo really hoping I can get a day-pass from the husband for this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...