Friday 9 January 2015

Presenting "Pretty Petals" . . .

Firstly,  a happy welcome to my newest followers, and then a big thank you to everyone who has left such lovely comments about my recently completed makes.  You are so delightfully kind . . .

So, are you ready for another one ?

Presenting my finished-at-last  "Pretty Petals"  scrappy quilt,


TAH - DAH . . .


 



The pretty, pale colours are actually much softer than they look in the pics.  Here it is in situ on the sofa in the corner of the little room it was made for :






This quilt has been in the making for absolutely ages, so I'm chuffed to have finally finished it.  The fabric is Petal, by Tanya Whelan for Free Spirit,  which I completely adored and just had to have from the moment I saw it.  
And a big thanks to Anita and the other lovelies at The Quilter's Den and Bee Quilted in Warwick - my LQS -  for the encouragement, advice and beautiful loopy quilting.


So that's another WIP turned into an FO and ticked off my List . . . YAY . .  much happy dancing . . .

Wishing you a happy, crafty weekend,

'til next time,
xoxo

18 comments:

  1. It's such a lovely quilt! It must feel so good to finally finish it and be able to enjoy it now. I know you'll reach for it time and time again. It looks so pretty on your sofa too. It matches all your cushions. Enjoy!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stunning, what a delight to see it in situ taking pride of place alongside some pretty impressive cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so gently beautiful. Well done indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on another finish! I just hope that the adorable pup doesn't decide to snuggle up on the gorgeous quilt!
    I couldn't get my comment to go through using my usual ID, so I am using my Google ID instead. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is beeyootiful, Gilly. Another WIP bites the dust, as they say! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is gorgeous, Gilly. It looks lovely on the couch along with your cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is beautiful. I really like the pastel shades, it looks perfect on the sofa. Another WIP bites the dust hey. I'm beginning to wonder how long this list is. Have a lovely weekend.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always ready for a bo peep at one of your pretty makes, Gilly. Pretty Petals is lovely....love the fabrics and how gorgeous does it look in that li'l corner. How lucky is your pooch, to be able to sleep on that pretty mat! I won't show my pooch, as she might get a few ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish! I've seen that fabric line and it is indeed very pretty. The quilt looks really nice in that room, what a cozy little spot!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and it looks so perfect on that sofa...very cozy! Happy New Year Gilly xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the soft colours and it works just beautifully on the sofa. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are on a roll with your beautiful scarf and now this amazing quilt. I love them both. I need to get going on some more makes.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is lovely, I'm sure you will enjoy using it to rug up when it's chilly.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUTIFUL!!! Just so lovely and it looks so nice on the back of the sofa too, it will be used lots and lots I am sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these colors! So soft and welcoming! Your work is always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your finish Gilly. How pretty it is! I love those soft pinks, reminds me of hazy lazy summer days :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, such pretty soft colours

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...