Thursday 15 January 2015

No reply ?

Here's something that's been bothering me for a little while, so I thought I'd digress a little and address it today:

Are you a "no-reply comment" blogger ?   

If your answer is a resounding "YES,  and I'm perfectly-happy-with-that-thank-you-very-much" ** , then feel free to read no further, get on with more important matters and carry on with your day. 




If your answer is a definite "NO" , then you may also stop reading, give yourself a little pat on the back, and continue on your merry way.




Thanks for popping by, have a happy day & see you again soon. xx


 BUT . . .

. . . if you've answered  "Hmmm. . . / I'm not sure. . . / Maybe ? / Huh ? / Eh ? / Perhaps. . . / what ya talkin' about "  then please read on . . .

I love it when you pop in to say hello and leave me a little comment, and I would equally love to be able to thank, acknowledge or reply to you - especially if you've asked a question or are a new follower. 
 But oft times, I go to respond by email only to discover that the return address is 
noreply-comment@blogger.com. 
  
We may not even be aware if we're a noreply-commenter or not and I know that I could just reply on my post, but in all honesty, how many of us actually do pop back to see if there's a response to our comments ?  I really like to respond to comments - sometimes life interferes and it's a delayed response, but nonetheless I like to try. 
 After all, some of our best bloggy friendships are kindled from one little comment.  : - )

So, if you're not currently getting any replies to blog comments, and you think you'd like to, then here's how we go about addressing this ?
 It's really oh-so-simple.

The settings are in your Blogger Profile, so sign in & on your dashboard at the top right, click on your little icon. 


click to enlarge

click to enlarge
 
 Select Blogger Profile, then Edit Profile and tick the little box that says "show email".

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Save settings and voila, there you have it . . .


Normal programming will resume soon.

'til next time,
xoxo



**  I know that not all who leave a comment necessarily want or need a response, and I understand and respect that.

ps.  if you're still not sure, or you have a question then just leave me a little comment below and I'll reply here  : - )


24 comments:

  1. Funny that, I have just mentioned this on my own blog, two posts ago I think. I have however not given instructions how to check the status and how to change it. Thank you. I am the same, I like to reply to comments directly if possible. I don't always have much to say and don't reply to all comments all the time but it is nice to be able to do so. Have a lovely day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do find it frustrating because sometimes I'd like to reply privately, but I remember a comment in my early blogger days telling me I was a "no-reply" blogger - I had no clue what it meant or how to change it for months and months! So I sympathise too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when people e mail me about comments I leave as it is lovely to get an acknowledgement. Some other bloggers leave comments on my blog in reply which is also nice. It is a bit frustrating when you can't e mail in return but I do try to leave a comment on a persons blog if they have left a comment for me. Hope that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great explanation of this! I hope that I am replyable, I think I am! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a new blogger, I didn't know I was a "no reply" until someone told me. I think they were the default settings and I didn't even know there was such a thing so I hadn't looked for it. Luckily a helpful blogger sorted me out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure what status I am but I will get my daughter to check for me as I am useless with the computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I've double-checked and you are a no-reply commenter, so if you like just follow the steps above and that'll sort it out. Holler if you get stuck. xx

      Delete
  7. Do you know, I had absolutely NO idea about all that - no idea about being a 'no replier', no idea about any of it!
    All my comments seem to use my google+ profile which I was not happy about as I'm not a huge google plus -er lol. Thanks for the post Gilly - you have taught me something new today and I've rectified my 'no reply' status finally after 8 years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't need a reply ;o) but I wanted to say thank you of this post. I had no idea. I had no idea that I was a no-reply commenter or that that was what the little box was for in my profile. I assumed it would display my email address on my blog, which I did not want. So, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never paid much attention to my Blogger profile, not having a Blogspot blog (I only have it because it comes with my google account) So I have now checked it and ticked the relevant box!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely not a no-reply blogger! :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say - love the new header! :o)

      Delete
  11. Aww so that's what it means I never know, thanks for sharing I'm just off to check, give the sweet pups a huggle from me
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always great to see reminders about this as there are a large number of people who don't know anything about the problem. I know there are also a lot of Wordpress and other platform users out there who are no reply bloggers on blogspot blogs because of that and who don't realise that if they simply set up a blogger profile that would solve the problem for them. I get that some don't do it because of the principal of having to do it and that's fine, but for all the others it's always good to see reminders so they can check and change their settings if needs be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this post - I was having trouble changing my settings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,I think I'v done this right but not sure lol.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your new header Gillian. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. No way-simple as that?-Done it,
    Thank you
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it when I can reply to comments, it makes the interaction between bloggers so much more special. We can have a conversation!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hiya and thanks for this explanation! I'm still not sure!! I have a google+ profile which looks different though to your pictures so I can't see whether I am or not - sorry! If I am a no reply blogger it's because I just don't realise it!! J9 x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Being a no reply bloggers is seriously annoying! I am always changing mine back as my friends tell me I'm no reply... and then it switches back on me. I'm thinking about changing up to "Disqus" because then I don't have to worry about google plus messing me around!! I need to get on that!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  20. If you have a google+ profile, your settings automatically jump back to no reply every 4/5 weeks - a real pain. Your instructions Gilly do not apply to google profiles, we have to revert back to Blogger profiles and then forward again to google. As said, a real pain. :-((

    ReplyDelete
  21. great tip. I have mine checked but sometimes it STILL says "no blogger.." weird.....maybe I have a google + profile and don't know it! egads!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am hopping you will be able to reply to me?!? You have me a little worried now...

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...