Wednesday 3 December 2014

A Christmas crafternoon . . .

A long list of "Things to make for Christmas" provided the perfect excuse (as if we really needed one) for a yummy lunch and a fun & frivolous get-together 
with like-minded crafty friends last weekend. 

We gathered, 
we ate, 
we drank, 
we nattered, 
we laughed,
 and we crafted . . .


Karen needle-felted THE sweetest little floppy-eared hare, ever . . . Rachel crocheted pretty snowflakes aplenty . . . Sarah knitted a cosy little mitts & scarf ensemble . . . and I hooked up this lovely Granny's Tree Skirt . . .


. . . for under the little potted Christmas tree.  The pattern is from the oh-so-fabulous Cherry Heart (pop over here for a wee peek at Sandra's lovely striped version).   I fear it may have added an addiction to bobble stitch to my ever-growing list of crafty loves.




Oh, and of course there was cake . . . and chocolate . . .  Essentials for any respectable crafty get-together, don't you think?




And it also gave me the excuse I'd been looking for, to put up our Christmas decs.  Now we just need Santa to visit sometime soon and fill that bare space under the tree  : - )


 



Even the two most-adorable-pups-in-the-world caught the Christmas spirit, resplendent in their new bespoke festive collars.  (Thank you lovely Doodlepip Designs - they're just perfect.)


So, how's your list of Christmas makes coming along ?

'til next time,
xoxo

19 comments:

  1. That sounds and looks just perfect! Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect day, good company crafting and cakes it doesn't get any better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super crafting, fabulous tree ...... but the thing that caught my eye was your wine rack - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas trees look lovely, Gilly. How special to have a Christmas collar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy making cosies, and reading these beautiful blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree looks amazing, Gilly. I'm hoping to get ours up soon - maybe this weekend, although Douglas is saying it's too early. Bah, humbug! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tree there Gilly. Always great to craft with friends. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great way to spend a few hours
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the perfect way to spend an evening, your christmas tree is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely time with your friends! Your tree is beautiful - and so is your wine rack!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is looking great at your place Gilly - how lovely to have those get-togethers and enjoy each other as well as all the sumptious treats that go along with such times. Love your tree and of course always loving your gorgeous puppies xxxJoy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such good fun, Gilly! Thanks for sharing it with us. Last night I started crocheting a bag to hold art supplies for a 10 year old and have lots more projects to do, but am enjoying some progress in the process. Yea :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a perfect way for friends to celebrate Christmas and crafting together. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a perfect afternoon and the colours you've chosen for your skirt are just right for your tree, lovely!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like the perfect way to spend the afternoon, lovely friends and crafting.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your tall tree is gorgeous, and I love the mini one - the tree skirt is fab, I really want to make one but keep changing my mind on the design!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gill, You have a lovely lovely home, I love your floors. I also love your Tree Skirt, I have wanted one that really means something, I have a store bought one, and I have thought about taking the clothes of my children when they were babies and making a tree skirt. That is one of my very future projects! It looks like you ladies had a wonderful time, I have been doing a bit of crafting, but not much... Paper crafts mostly, but it's all the time I have... so any crafting is better than no crafting right?? Much love to you my friend and Merry Christmas!
    Tammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely get together you had with your friends!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a lovely little tree skirt.....I love a good hen party! Pet the pups for me....I am starting to look for a new furbaby....I miss them so.

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...