Friday 21 November 2014

Some "me" makes . . .

It's that time of the year again when here at GMHQ, there's a fair amount of making going on, but I can't show & tell all, as most of the makes will be Christmas pressies and I can't take the chance that the recipients may just have a wee peek in here, and spoil their surprise on the big day : - )

But in the midst of the Christmassy prep, I am squeezing in the odd make here & there for little ol' me . . . like these pretty PJs that I finished this afternoon . . .



They're "half 'n half" PJs - the little cami top-half is an adaptation of the Simple Slip by April Rhodes, and the bottom-half is the Rosalind PJs by Sew Me Something.   

The sun had gone away by the time I'd finished sewing earlier, so the pics are not great, but the fabric is really so pretty.  Both the main and the lovely cerise pink contrast are from the Cherie collection by Art Gallery.

Also ticked off my list (see last post here) . . .

 my Date Night Dress - complete with the Simple Slip underneath - and made in the pretty Emmy Grace voile (another lovely AG fabric),



and my scrappy quilt is all put together, and off to Bee Quilted to be quilted : - )

 
Again, the pic was taken in poor light, with my phone so it really does look much prettier in real life.  I'll show you it again once it's all quilted and bound.


Another busy weekend ahead here, so
'til next time
take care & be crafty . . .
xoxo

ps. Are you on Instagram?
You can find me @gilly_makes, pop in & say hello. 

20 comments:

  1. Love the jammies! I keep saying I am going to start dressmaking again (after a break of many years) but I never quite find the time! I love the colours in your scrappy quilt - looking forward to seeing it once it hass been quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look amazing! Love the fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those night clothes so chic - shame to go to bed in them really. I am a long way from teh quilting part of my quilt Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pj's Gilly. I love your dress and quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous projects! I love the PJs and your dress is lovely-love the underslip in co-ordinating fabric.The quilt has some of my very favourite Tanya Whelan fabrics-beautiful!
    Best wishes
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely PJs - although you might need to add a cardie and some thick socks at this time of year! It's getting chilly around these parts!

    The dress is gorgeous and the quilt is amazing. You have been busy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your makes are lovely, Gill. I especially love the pajamas, they're so pretty and delicate-looking. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More lovely makes, Gilly! I especially appreciate your pretty quilt because I have not even cut out all the squares for mine...after starting 10 years ago!!! Bravo for you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous makes you are talented! I love the quilt too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always stunning makes, the PJs are a real delight. Looking forward to seeing the quilt quilted and bound.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that fabric you used & they look a beautifully made pair of jim jams.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh they're gorgeous Gilly, especially the dress. I love it. Wishing you a happy weekend. Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a seriously amazing seamstress!! I love the first pair of pajamas... The fabric really is lovely, it reminds me of Cath Kidston with the blue pattern... Love it so much!
    I hope you have a wonderful up and coming week! Much love, Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those PJ's are so pretty as is the dress and quilt. You clever lady.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those PJs! they look so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt looks very pretty already! It will be lovely to see it when it comes back home to you all ready for snuggling under! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your PJs, they look so cute and comfy!! Such a pretty dress and slip, looks perfect for date night! ;) And your quilt turned out so beautiful!! :) Hope you have a lovely day!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those PJ's look so soft and cozy. Great job.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  19. My you have been 'sew' busy. Those PJ's are beautiful. The dress looks wonderful in such pretty fabric and your quilt has got me wanting to have a go at quilting. I have yet to dip my toe into the quilting world.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...