Friday 26 September 2014

Ooh -la-la . . .

This "big birthday" malarkey is oh-so-much fun . . . Just how long can I spin it out for, do you think ?

We started the celebrations two weeks ago with a gathering of lovely friends and family for a yummy soiree & dinner at one of my favourite restaurants, then flitted off to the Cote d'Azur for a few days (an awesome birthday gift from my lovely sis) exploring & savouring the delights of Nice, Monte Carlo, Cannes & Antibes with one of my BFFs & her hubby who flew in from South Africa to celebrate their "big birthdays" too.






We wined, we dined, we walked, we talked, we shopped, and there may or may not have been quite a lot of ice-cream too . . .

It was sad to say goodbye again, but just so special to spend this memorable time together.

Then the celebrations continued this week beginning with my actual birthday . . . cake, lunch with lovely friends & tea with another, both of which called for more cake . . . and that leads us nicely into this weekend and the celebration of the Hubby's birthday : - )  Not a "big" one for him, but equally as special.

Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes, lovelies - I am very blessed.

There hasn't been much time for any making in between, and I'm way behind on blog reading but normal service will resume soon and I hope all's well with you. 

So, 'til next time . . .
xoxo

27 comments:

  1. Oo how lovely! Glad you had a fab time 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos from your travels. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy belated, you look far too amazing to have "big" birthdays!
    bestest daisy. xx
    Ps you share a birthday with my talented other half!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful trip! I love the picture of the houses/buildings on the hillside. What wonderful memories you'll have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely, it sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fantastic! And Monte Carlo - I have always dreamed of visiting there. Maybe one day...

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, lots of lovely memories made for a special birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are celebrating in style, Happy Birthday, my Mum's having a 0 birthday soon and I'll be having one next year eek.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't remember if I have already said Happy Birthday, but in the tradition of spreading it out, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday and Happy Birthday - and Happy Birthday to your hubby too! Glad that you have been and are keeping on celebrating!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing quite like spreading out birthday cheer. Hope your hubby had a good birthday too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a celebration. Happy Birthday to you and hope for many, many more.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you've been having a wonderful time celebrating your birthday, Gilly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not surprised that you haven't had any time for making! Your 'big' birthday looks like way too much fun. How wonderful that you have been able to spread all that celebrating out....gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos and happy memories. Belated birthday wishes - stretch out those treats for as long as you can. Have a super weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These photos! Made my morning--just lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning photos, I hope you had a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you had a great time, it looks wonderful. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you are enjoying your extended birthday celebrations.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday!! Looks like you are having an amazing time! Enjoy!
    BH x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful birthday gift. It looks like you've had a lovely time making lots of great memories. Hope your now enjoying your OHs birthday celebrations.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday! The photos are lovely - looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy belated birthday. You certainly know how to celebrate, it looks like you've had a fab time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oops, I missed it. Very happy (belated) birthday wishes from me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy birthday! It looks like you've had an amazing celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I definitely agree with making birthday celebrations last as long as possible! I'll be celebrating mine on Thursday in Singapore!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A happy belated birthday from me, what a wonderful time you've had celebrating, it sounds just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like you celebrated your milestone Birthday in great style, and had a memorable time! It will be something fun to look back!
    My similar one went by hardly noticed a few years ago as we were in the middle of a house move, no chance for parties or holidays, but in some ways it meant it was no big deal for me in the scheme of things - like it never really happened ;) ! Who me? 50? Nah!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...