Wednesday 27 August 2014

What's hookin' ?

The sun has returned and it's a beautiful day here in the Midlands. So after a lovely long walk in the woods with the two most-adorable-pups-in-the-world, I took my morning cuppa, my book and my current hooky project, outdoors.  It's a mild, autumnal temp but on the deck where I'm sheltered from the wind it's just perfect - and so lovely to see the sun again after being battered with rain for the past few days.  I'm really not ready for summer to leave us quite yet . . .

So, do you want to see what I've been crocheting lately ?
Well I'm going to show you anyway  ; - )

Meet Emma, the Bunny -  I think she & I are kindred souls . . .


can you spot the little bumble bee too?

 " Emma is an extremely lovable bunny whose aura is kept in balance by regular dates with her yoga mat.  She's a very house-proud mummy rabbit and her warren is her sanctuary.   Although often reluctant to tie up her ears and get on with the housework, she does a very fine job once she sets her mind to it.  Her creative talents have long slept dormant while other people have become a priority, but it looks as if that might be about to change.  Once there's a vase of fresh flowers and a pot of Earl Grey tea brewing on the side, it's time for Emma to get out her needles and create. " **




. . .  and Seamus the Alpaca . . .




" Seamus fancies himself as an actor. The only major downside of boasting a face that's good enough to pull off any type of hat is that you are continually fighting a battle with the unruly hair that sits beneath it.  Seamus has been the lead in his village's Amateur Dramatic Society for the last 25 years, and that has only accelerated the growth of his larger-than-life character.  No one can deny the power and depth of his singing voice;  every day it can be heard bellowing from the open windows of his thatched cottage in accompaniment to the dawn chorus. "  **



Emma & Seamus - the best of pals already

And on the reading front,  I'm half-way through my Book Club selection for this month:  Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter, but I do keep getting distracted by a little pile of sewing & crafty mags sitting patiently on my bedside table.

Linking up today with Ginny's weekly Wednesday Yarn Along  - do pop over and have a wee peek.  You may even like to join in ?


'til next time,
xoxo

**credit: patterns & text from the oh-so-adorable book:  Edward's Menagerie by Kerry Lord.

27 comments:

  1. Loved the bunny and such an adorable tale to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that book is looking more and more tempting !! love you critters!
    bestest daisy j x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable, especially Seamus. Nice you got a bee in your photo of the bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both just too too cute Gilly!!!!!! I love the little tales about them too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're both really cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these characters! They are so cute and have such special personalities! Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two real characters! They are lovely and put a big smile on my face :-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Gill they are both adorable, Emma is lovely! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're both fabulous, Gilly. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahh, i find myself somewhat a kindred spirit with miss bunny.......maybe no so much the tie-up-my-ears part...the rest!! very very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww think I am in love,they are soooo adorable.I LOVE hares I don't know why lol.Anyway your bunny is lovely.Your post made me smile,glad they are the best of friends lol.Are you keeping them or are they going to good homes.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emma and Seamus are just gorgeous, Gilly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness those are both so adorable!! Enjoy the rest of your week!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are so cute, Gilly! Well done! I love their biographies thus far and am curious about what further adventures they will have :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both Emma and Seamus are gorgeous...I loved their sweet little stories too.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Gilly, Love your creations! They are so adorable! I read "Beautiful Ruins" and really loved it!
    xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, they are so cute. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are both gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Emma and Seamus are delightful:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Gilly, how cute! I love Emma and Seamus, they are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Emma and Seamus are so cute. Love the story also.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cool bunny Emma is! I once knitted a bunny for my daughter, it looked like a rabbit on steroids but only from the waist down.... Seamus is adorable, too. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, they are both the sweetest!! Love them! Have a wonderful weekend Gilly! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  24. Emma is such a sweet bunny :) I do love bunnies....but Seamus is very cute too!
    Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love both bunnies and it looks like they are having fun
    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love them! The bunny is so adorable. Sitting here in my dining room, I can see Tiff out the window and this bunny looks just like her!

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...