Thursday 3 July 2014

A Fine & Fabulous Fabric-filled day . . .

Just a quick post as I have oodles of things I really ought to be doing this afternoon, but I just had to pop in to tell you all about the lovely day I've had . . .

 Soooo,  first thing this morning I donned my pretty Kate dress - which seemed only right, as it's made in Rapture by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics - and headed over to Sew Me Something in beautiful Stratford upon Avon, to meet the lovely designer herself. 


A quick pop in at the cafe on the corner for a cuppa and a toasted teacake with Heather & Susan (the delightful Canadian Abroad), before we crossed the sunny courtyard and joined the throng of fellow fabric enthusiasts for a lovely morning perusing the beautiful Art Gallery Fabrics collections.








Pat gave an interesting and informative little talk about the ethos of Art Gallery Fabrics and some insight into the design and production process, and then she did a short demonstration on machine-piecing hexies . . . oh my word, I will never again hand-stitch a hexie.  
Why didn't I learn this a long time ago ?   : - )





Aren't these quilts just toooo fab-u-lous ?





I do love hexies, but to be honest my impatient self finds them just too time-consuming and labour-intensive.  I know, I know, many of you love to piece and quilt by hand, and whilst I can appreciate it,  I'm afraid I don't share your enthusiasm for it.  I do sew my quilt binding by hand, but besides that I'm a machine-quiltin' kinda gal.
Anyway, I digress  . . .  back to this morning . . .

Here's me & Pat - who just by the by, is simply lovely



As are the gorgeous new ranges of Art Gallery Fabrics, I may add
 - seriously, they are ALL just so, so fab and now I have a very serious case of  "the wanties".
    Sigh  . . . I know "I want doesn't always get" but I fear I may be powerless to resist . . .

. . . and the good news is that Sew Me Something, which just so happens to be my local happy habby place,  has them all in stock .  
Hmmm . .  perhaps it's just meant to be ?


Hope you're having a fun & happy day too,
'til next time
xoxo

ooh, and ps.  yes, there was indeed lots of yummy cake (and cream scones) but would you believe I was so distracted by all the fabulous fabrics that I didn't have any at all  : - (


28 comments:

  1. Oooh I do wish I'd been there! Diving into all that fab fabric and chatting about how to machine your hexies would be just my cup of tea. Thank you for sharing a lovely day! Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun was had by all and you looked lovely in your Kate dress. Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is lovely! So are the ones outside of the shop, you know... a secret... I don't wear dresses, but I LOVE them, I only ever buy skirts and tops, that needs to change! Don't you think? It's lovely visiting you on your blog, you're always a breath of fresh air! Much love, Tammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you had such a great time and that you wore your dress!!! It looks lovely on you! You will have to pop back and see if you can select a few fabrics another time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a fabulous time, Gilly. Such fun! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous day! And you my friend look amazing in your Kate dress.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had an amazing day. Sorry I couldn't get, I would have loved to be there. I love the dress is looks so summery. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a great day and you got some lovely photos. Great to see you two weeks running. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Gilly. You dress looks so lovely and your cardigan matches it so nicely. I hope we get to see some machine sewn hexagons from you soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely day! Nothing better than browsing Art Gallery fabrics & socializing with other sewing ladies. Hope you went home with loads of fabric! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had the most fantastic day. What could be better than looking at beautiful fabrics and spending time with like minded ladies.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun time! I just love Art Gallery fabrics ; )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your dress Gilly and so pleased you're on Instagram ... we can have a daily catch-up now!

    Have a wonderful weekend

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah Gilly, you and your dress look so lovely and such a wonderful time you had, and I'm happy for you - but - wish I could have been there, especially to experience the machine-piecing of hexies: yeah, I love hexes too but having struggled through making that little travelling purse for my small sewing accoutrements I never wanted to hand-piece another hexie as long as I live!!! I was put right off! So, I too am very impatient - I just want to see projects done and enjoy using or gifting them.
    Have happy times choosing your new fabrics - go on, you can't possibly resist! xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great day! You look so summery and sleek in your dress and matching cardigan. days like this are so inspirational. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderful day! You look great in your Kate dress and those quilts are fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Susan does get about! She always seems to be popping up! Wish I could have gone... wish these events weren't always on week days!! I don't know Sew me Something, is it in the Midlands?

    ReplyDelete
  18. You looked stunning, the dress was a real delight. You certainly had a fun filled day, I am not sure I could have resisted the cake or the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed the recount of your day, Gilly, and am excited for you that you discovered a new technique to use as well as more resources to practice the technique on :) So glad you enjoyed the company of others as well, even if you missed out on the yummy looking goodies :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you had lots of fun what a wonderful place
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. FREE FABRIC EVENT? Was there any free fabric at this event? I think I would have got my hopes up if I read that sign :) It looks like it was a great event in any case.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just catching up, after being away for the weekend. What a fun day, with lots of lovely fabrics! I love stitching my hexies by hand - a lovely, soothing way to spend an evening!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your dress is lovely! Glad you had a good day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look gorgeous in your lovely dress Gilly ... Sounds like you had a great day! Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are soo lucky young lady...!
    I am sew envious one day I am coming up to visit and you will have to take me to your local habby and I will stay there all day and never come out!!
    I want to meet Jules too!
    Until then may I say your kate dress looks ab fab (that frill is to die for) and you look adorable in it....
    bestest love dear Gilly
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabric HEAVEN!
    Looks like a wonderful day :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. you look just perfect in you dress! What a great event to wear it to! Hope you had a super time, it sure looks great! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your dress and it looks like a wonderful day!
    Glad you had such a lovely time :-)
    I too am a lover of hexagon quilts but alas I don't even have the patience (or skills) to machine sew them :-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...