Wednesday 21 May 2014

Yarn whispers . . .

If you too are a knitter or a crocheter, or just in general have a penchant for yummy yarns, then I know you will understand and appreciate just exactly why I absolutely HAD to buy this pretty stuff.
  So my story goes like this . . .
On Monday morning when I arrived at Sew Me Something (yes, it's not just full to the brim with gorgeous fabrics, beautiful patterns and all-things-habby, we've also got several shelves full of fabby yarns), there was a box of oh-so-pretty Noema yarn from Louisa Harding and a new pattern book, just waiting to be opened.  
So I did just that, and popped it in a basket on one of those above-mentioned shelves from where it just kept catching my eye,  a . l . l.  d . a . y  -  and I'm certain I could hear it whispering "buy me, buy me" too.
So quite honestly, it would have been quite impolite of me to have ignored it.  Don't you agree ?
And what if I had ignored it and then someone else had snapped it up ?  I mean that doesn't even bear thinking about, does it ?   ; - )


And that dear readers, is how I came to be starting yet another knitting project before I've finished the previous one.  C'est la vie . . .

And on my reading list - 


The beautiful Outdoor Living by Selina Lake which is full of lovely inspirational ideas, just in time for summer ;  and the new novel by Jonas Jonasson, whose previous book The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out Of The Window and Disappeared, I thoroughly enjoyed.  So I'm looking forward to reading this one too.

Linking up today with Ginny for the Wednesday Yarn Along over at Small Things blog - do pop over and see what everyone else has on their needles and hooks this week too.

'til next time,
xoxo




21 comments:

  1. I look forward to your thoughts on "The Girl who saved the king of Sweden". I too have read "The Hundred Year Old Man...." and loved it, but have heard mixed reviews about this latest novel.
    I can so understand the buy - the yarn looks lovely and the project a delight - indulge :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, yarn speaks to me too that's why I have so much! I'm after the new Selina Lake book too, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so understand buying yarn, I can never resist. I do try, but have never been successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could try my excuse of accidently buying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your yarn choice and can understand it could not be ignored :) The pattern looks fab too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, Gilly. I don't understand the concept that we're supposed to finish one project before we start another. Does anybody do that?? :oD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely, whats another WIP among friends, yarn lovely yarn
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in agreement with Anne (above) - who does that anyway?! I'm loving your new yarn Gilly AND if that book had spoken to me in such strong language it certainly wouldn't have been on the shelf ALL DAY, no siree, when a book shouts, I reply in the only way possible - BUY! Enjoy your knitting, reading, and sunshine! Love, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You poor, poor soul to have gone through such agony for an entire day! I'm sure your solution was the only remedy and it looks like both yarn and book have come to the right owner :) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did the right thing! I'm so glad you bought that gorgeous yarn and book. I would have bought it too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree entirely! yarn came from a living creature so it is only right that like a pet it 'claims' its new owner.....my theory and it works for me:-)

    I love the title of the 100yr old man books and have been tempted so may need to have a look next time I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like beautiful yarn to me. Your books look great too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course you had to take that yummy yarn home with you. Variety is the spice of life.....hence oodles of projects at any given time. Oooh a new Selina Lake book.....love, love her books...do her other interiors' books line your shelves??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ditto! in agreement with Anne and Joy :-) Enjoy
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that you made the right decision!! What else could you have done after having the yarn call to you all day, it would have been very rude to have ignored it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. When yarn talks you simply must listen, you have no choice.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  17. You'd never have forgiven yourself if you hadn't made the purchase would you. Enjoy :-))

    ReplyDelete
  18. That yarn and pattern look so pretty! It sounds like you were meant to buy it!
    Enjoy the books and have a great BH weekend Gilly!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. ah, I know the feeling well as I hear the whispers too....except sometimes, the yarn SHOUTS at me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the pattern and yarn that called your name. It is so very hard to resist when yarn speaks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...