Friday 22 February 2013

It's Award season . . . move aside, Oscar.


Both Pauline at Little House on the Hill and Derrith at Tied up in Ribbon have very kindly nominated my little blog for a Liebster Award*  
Thank you both.


I'm supposed to list 11 random things about myself and then answer the questions posed, but that would make this a very long post and I fear, one that may not be interesting enough to hold your attention all the way to the end, so I've decided to combine everything and answer a selection of the questions as random facts. 

{Have I lost you already ?}

Ok, so here goes (be warned, they are indeed random) :

1.  Elephants are my favourite animal.  I've had the delightful experience of being up close with them in the wild and have the utmost respect for them. They are just lovely.
Mabula Game Reserve, South Africa - 2003

2.  I like tomato soup, tomato sauce (ketchup) and tomato bredie, but I don't like tomatoes.  Go figure.

3.  I do however LOVE bananas. Anything with bananas. Especially a split, with oodles of ice cream, chocolate sauce and nuts. YUM.

4.  I cannot resist dots, stripes, gingham checks and hearts. 

5.  I love to travel. I've been to every continent in the world {except Antartica} My favourite places {so far} are Cape Town in SA, Hoi-An in Vietnam, Mackinac Island in Michigan, USA and Santorini, Greece. 

Santorini, Greece - 2012
6.  I should probably at this stage mention that the reason I've been privileged to travel the world is that I spent many happy years in the travel industry working for Air France.  I'm now a SAH(P)M but I still love to travel . . . Thankfully, the Hubby does too, and we have an excellent puppysitter ;-)

the Air France days - that's me, 2nd from left... a few years ago !
7. I was born in bonnie Scotland, raised, schooled & lived in sunny South Africa and currently ensconced in the beautiful midlands of England.  I speak with both a Scottish accent and a South African accent :  I switch mid-sentence (without missing a syllable) from one to the other, depending on where I am or who I'm speaking to. My family & friends can verify this. It's weird, I know, but c'est la vie . . .

8. I love tulips. Lots of them. 
9.  I live with my lovely Hubby and our two most-adorable-pups-in-the-world, called Ben & Jerry - after our favourite choc fudge brownie ice-cream. Despite their names, they are both girls {sisters}, but they don't seem to mind.


10.  According to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, I'm an Extrovert. 
11.  That said, I can often be found curled up on the sofa, quietly, engrossed in a book and quite happy with my own company.  Although if truth be told, I'd probably rather be having tea & a natter with company ;-)




Right, now to pass on the Liebster to another 11 bloggers.  It's not easy to only choose just a few of all the great blogs that I read, but I know that some of you have already received a (well-deserved) Liebster Award previously, so I'm hoping that for these 11, it's something new & exciting.  If you haven't already discovered their lovely blogs, please do pop by for a wee peek.

So, in no particular order, I'd like to nominate:

Sarah at Chantille Fleur
Hazel at Hazel's Crochet
Gracie at One Saylor's Log
Shelley at All4MeggyMoo
Carol at Naturally Carol
Julie at Mack & Mabel
Lee-Anne at Craftyfatcat

Phew . . . this is turning into a rather long post - so apropos my random facts above, here are my 11 questions to you:

1. What's your favourite animal ?
2. Sweet stuff or savoury ?
3. Where in the world is the best place you've been to ?
4. Do you still live in your country of birth ?
5. Which of your hobbies/crafts/talents is your favourite ?
6. Hot & sunny or cold & snowy ?
7. Dogs or cats ?
8. What simple things make you happy ?
9. Town, country or by the seaside ?
10. The book or the movie ?
11. Are you an Adventurer or a Homebody ?

Right, that's {more than} enough about me - over to you.
Have a happy weekend,
  xoxo


To receive the award your blog must have less than 300 followers or be less than 6 months old. If you are honoured with the award you then write a post including the following things.


  • List 11 random things about yourself
  • 11 questions posted by the the blogger who presented the award to you
  • Present the award to 11 bloggers
  • Create 11 questions for them to answer. 







27 comments:

  1. Very interesting dear Gilly! Have to say my favourite pic is the "girls". They are so beautiful!

    Cheery wave from Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award Gilly..you really deserve it you are so talented.
    Love your quilt...it's GORGEOUS!

    Happy weekend.

    Love Bellaboo X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bellaboo - that's very kind of you to say :-)
      Happy Monday,
      xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for giving me the award! It may be a few days before I get all the bits sorted out for passing it on .... it will be fun to think of questions to pose ..... and of course I have to decide on my answers to your questions!
    I agree with you on tomatoes. I have never like raw tomatoes, I don't like tomato sauce or tinned tomato soup - but I like homemade tomato soup (especially with basil) and tinned tomatoes/passata.
    Have a good weekend1
    ps - I just love your pups!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Anne - and no pressure or time constraints. Funny thing about the tomatoes isn't it? I love Heinz tomato soup, but don't like the texture of homemade ! Weird !
      Hope you enjoyed your weekend and got the blind done,
      xx

      Delete
  4. Nice to find out a bit more about you. Your dogs are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I am perhaps biased, but they are sweet :-)
      Happy Monday,
      xx

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the award Gilly ... well deserved ... and the photo of the pups is adorable ... have a wonderful weekend ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for nominating me, Gilly. I'll try to get my act together over the weekend to blog about it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Anne - and I've just seen that you've done your post, so going to hop over later. See you there :-)
      xx

      Delete
  7. It's nice to learn a bit about fellow bloggers, thanks for sharing a bit about yourself :) Your pups look so velvety and loveable! So nice that the sisters get to stay together. My dog once met his brother on a beach when we were camping (very weird), but I think they did remember each other. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy - Ben & Jerry's baby sister (from their mum & dad's next litter) came to visit this weekend and they look sooo alike - and had LOTS of fun. So I like to think they do remember each other :-)
      Have a lovely week,
      xx

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on the award! It was great to find out more about you :) Those tulips are lovely, are they in your garden? Anyway, I'm off to go and visit your nominees now :) Have a lovely weekend. Elisabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elisabeth - and congratulations on yours too :-)
      xx

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your awards and to your awardees :D I love these kinds of random fact posts. And the links to some new blogs to read :)

    Me too when it comes to tulips :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie - it is interesting to learn new things about fellow bloggy peeps, isn't it.
      Have a great week,
      xx

      Delete
  10. It was so fascinating to read more about you Gilly, especially about your world travel! Your puppies are adorable, love their names! Congratulations on your well deserved award :)
    Wishing you a happy weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen :-)
      It took a little while for Hubby & I to agree on names, but discussing it over a tub of ice-cream decided the matter !
      Have a lovely week,
      xx

      Delete
  11. fun reading your list...tulips are my favorite too....did you see the baby elephant video today? The one where it is playing in the ocean in Thailand? Worth a look see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val, and thanks for sending me the link to that video too - it was so cute.
      Have a great week,
      xx

      Delete
  12. So fun to read all these sweet facts about you Gilly!! Congrats on the award sweet friend! Have a beautiful and crafty weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather :-)
      No crafts this weekend for me as we had a house full but I'll hopefully catch up this week!
      Hope you had a lovely weekend too, and wishing you a fab week ahead.
      xx

      Delete
  13. Hi Gilly, thank you so much for nominating me for this award! I will endeavour to answer these questions on my next post. It has been fun to read your answers and get to know you a little better too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Carol - and looking forward to your post too. Have a lovely week,
      xx

      Delete
  14. What lovely facts about you! :) Great to get to know you! Thank you sooo much for nominating me!!! That's so nice of you, I'm actually posting a giveaway today, and I did a liebster award post last May :) Hope you have a lovely happy new week!! :) :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...