Monday 26 November 2012

Too whoot, too woo . . .


Can you believe we're almost at the end of November ?
In precisely five Mondays time, it will be Christmas Eve - whoopppeee :-)

Hope you've had a lovely and craft-ily fun weekend ?  
I'm enjoying sewing, knitting and crocheting my way through my "Christmas Makes" list - it's just perfect weather for staying snug indoors and being creative.
The downside to making goodies for Christmas pressies, is that mostly I can't share them with you just yet, just in case the intended recipients take a wee peek at my blog.
 But here's what I can show you . . .

Meet Ollie the Owl (yes, I think he's so cute, he had to be named) . . .

 

 Isn't he sweet ? Ollie is the prototype patriarch and I'm now in the process of creating the rest of his family to hang alongside him on our Christmas tree.  I used the pattern from the oh-so-lovely Hopscotch Lane blog - do pop over.

 I also managed to get Row 7 of the Bee in My Bonnet Row-Along done too.


Don't look too closely at my row of little leaves . . . like the flying geese   before them, they too are a little bit squiffy  ; - )


And to keep Ollie Owl & family company, allow me to introduce Fred and Ginger . . .


. . . yes, again, they have been named.  And yes, they are perhaps unusual names for reindeer, but they don't seem to mind  Besides which, Rudolph, Donner, Prancer & Blitzen etc etc are sooo overused.
Just humour me please ; - )

Have a happy Monday,
xoxo





35 comments:

  1. Ollie is adorable and I am in love with Fred & Ginger - excellent names for reindeer :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so cute! I love Fred and Ginger! They look so snugly! And Ollie is to cute with those eyes! You've been quite busy!! :) Hope you have a happy Monday! YAY for Christmas in a month!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous makes Gilly! I adore Ollie an Fred and Ginger are very cute too!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! The owl is my fav.....can imagine a whole tree covered with them. How cute would that be? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm working on that "whole tree covered" thing!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Love your Row Along blocks! Mine were "squiffy" too. Your colors are amazing!

    Cheery wave!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev - good to know I am not alone in my squiffyness!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Gilly! Love your sweet Ollie owl and blocks!! Glad you had a wonderful weekend! Have a beautiful day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Fred and Ginger are the perfect names! You have been busy. Everything is wonderful. I think your leaves look like mine, not squiffy at all. We are our own worst critics. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sweet comment and your encouragement :-)
      Have a great day too,
      xx

      Delete
  8. Where to start? I love it all and the reindeer names, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful creations, and I love that you name them. I think Ollie the owl is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in and for your sweet comment. Am going to hop over and have a wee peek at your blog now too. Happy Tuesday!
      xx

      Delete
  10. Hi cute owl, Hi Gilly. your works are darling, Gilly!
    Happy creating in the new week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saskia, have a lovely creative week too. xx

      Delete
  11. I love Ollie! Your tree is going to look so lovely with a family of owls spread through it! We name everything here as well, it makes it easy when referring to things we find ;-)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, good to know I'm not the only one!
      Happy Tuesday
      xx

      Delete
  12. I love Ollie and Fred and Ginger ... I can totally see your point about the overuse of the other reindeer names ... and cuties like these most definitely deserve names ... have a lovely week ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee! Wishing you a great week too,
      xx

      Delete
  13. Love the owl and the reindeer. Your names for them are great!

    I always think a lady reindeer called should be called "Olive". You know her - "Olive, the other reindeer, used to laugh and call him names".

    Sorry. I'm giggling at that all over again! It never gets old! :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! I hadn't heard that one before, and am now giggling too!
      And I've decided to name the next one Olive ;-)
      xx

      Delete
  14. Such sweet little reindeer I just love them, looks like you have been so busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they are so fun to knit too.
      Happy Tuesday
      xx

      Delete
  15. Ollie is so sweet!! I love all your creative projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, so sweet of you to pop in and say hello. I've just had a little peek at your blog & gallery - your makes are just lovely, and so inspiring :-)
      Hope your day is filled with blessings,
      xx

      Delete
  16. They totaly look like a Fred and Ginger to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the affirmation, Mina! :-)
      Have a lovely day
      xx

      Delete
  17. I'm sure Fred and Ginger both gave their feet a little tap as i looked at them just then! I think they love their new names. Ollie is a natural hanging around on that branch, I can't wait to meet the rest of the family...or see each new line of quilting, it's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, I'll need to keep an eye on those two or they'll be dancing off the mantelpiece!
      Have a happy day, Carol.
      xx

      Delete
  18. Love them all ; you've been a busy bee since October !!
    Such a clever lady ....luv ya!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...