Monday 1 October 2012

Cosy in and craft . . .

The upside of having a cold and staying in for the weekend, is that it's the perfect excuse to cosy in and do some crafting.


Paging through my copy of the lovely bookzine Love Patchwork resulted in the addition of several new projects to my "To Make" list, so this weekend I embarked on the first one:




. . . the Quirky Message Board. 


The pattern in the book shows it in beautiful bright, cheery colours which I love, but I specifically wanted it to go in our littlest guest room so I chose the scraps for the bunting from more muted neutral fabrics.




I'm quite chuffed with how it turned out and very happy with how it looks in situ.


Next on my list was to finish sewing up the fun cable knitted mitts.



I spotted this new Fat Maxi Wool by Erika Knight a little while ago and thought I'd give it a try.  The yarn is so lovely & cosy, and the pattern very easy-peasy. I think I am developing an addiction to knitting these - lovely little Christmas stocking fillers, don't you think?   :-)

I'm off down to London tomorrow to do an Annie Sloan Paints Course with my sister, so really looking forward to that. Promise to tell you all about it on my return.

'til then,
have a great week.
xoxo


PS. If you'd like to see the little message board made in pretty bright colours, hop over to visit Debbie at Happy Little Cottage and have a peek at the one she made. It's sooo sweet.






20 comments:

  1. Very cute decoration for your guest room. I also like the look of those mitts. So warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) ,they are indeed toasty & warm!

      Delete
  2. Love your hoop decoration! That is perfect for the guest room! Your mittens turned out so cute!! Love them! :) Have a great Monday! ~Stay warm! We cooked a big pot of chili with my parents yesterday...it was so tasty. xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yummy.. a big pot of chilli is just perfect for this time of year!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Love the little message board - so pretty!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz - it's quite simple to make so will definitely be making at least one more!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Adorable little message board and I love your cosy mitts... think I might attempt (a much easier version) of them as I have some chunky wool... off to hunt down a knitting mitts for slower than a snail knitter's pattern now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tee hee :-) ..did you find a pattern? This one is seriously simple & only 26 rows so it goes really quickly - let me know if you'd like to try it.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Love lithe knitted mitts, look forward to your Annie Sloan review. Have a lovely day with your sister in London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) Can't wait to do the Annie Sloan course, have heard/read so much about these lovely paints. I promise to report back!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Gilly! Love your sweet embroidery hoop art!! So sweet! Have fun at your class tomorrow! Sounds great! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little message board is ADORABLE! It makes me want one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try, it's quite simple. The fiddliest bit is cutting out the tiny bunting! Think I'll make that a little bigger with the next one!
      xx

      Delete
  8. Such a cute message board and looks fabulous in your guest bedroom..they won't be able to take their eyes off it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your message board is so cute! You do make such lovely things.
    I won't walk through a field of cows..I'm terrified of them!
    Hope you are having a good week. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comments :-) Know what you mean about the cows - but somehow Ben & Jerry think it's fun !!
      xx

      Delete
  10. Hope you have a good time in London - you have certainly had a very productive weekend, even if you weren't feeling well!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - sadly my trip to London was postponed but I'm hopeful it will be rescheduled soon !
      xx

      Delete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...